By Keelen Barlow
The Brownsburg girls' basketball team will host North Central at the Varsity Fieldhouse on November 9th. The junior varsity matchup will kick off at 6 p.m. with varsity to follow.
Brownsburg comes into the match with a 1-0 record.
- Brownsburg defeated Hamilton Heights 58-40 to kick off their 2019-2020 campaign on November 6th
- Brownsburg is lined up to play eight teams who are ranked in this week's Weekly Top 20 Girls IBCA poll; North Central will be the first ranked team they play this season
- Brownsburg finished last season rated as the No. 7 team in the state of Indiana by Jeff Sagarin's Indiana high school girls' basketball ratings
- The Bulldogs posted a 7-2 record when playing at home last season; they are 16-4 at home dating back to the beginning of the 2017-2018 season
- In her first high school basketball game, freshman Kailyn Terrell scored 10 points off the bench for Brownsburg against the Huskies
About the Panthers
No. 3/7 North Central comes into the matchup off a 62-39 win over Westfield to open their season November 5th.
The Panthers return five of their top six scorers from a 19-7 campaign a season ago. The group is highlighted by 5'11" senior Jasmine McWilliams who led North Central in scoring last year.
McWilliams averaged 13.1 points per game last season and ranked second in the Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference in rebounds per game.
Nakaih Hunter (10.7 ppg) and Meg Newman (9.6 ppg) also return for North Central.
As a team, North Central ranked ninth in the state of Indiana in total scoring average.
Brownsburg will play North Central for the first time since the 2002-2003 season.
The two schools met three consecutive years between 2000 and 2003 with North Central winning two of those matchups.
Follow @bhsdogs and stay posted to brownsburgathletics.com for updates and information from the matchup.